According to the Small Business & Entrepreneurship Council, 99.7% of businesses have fewer than 500 workers and employ 46.8% of private sector employees. Small businesses accounted for 61.8% of net new jobs from the first quarter of 1993 until the third quarter of 2016. So small businesses make up a large part of the employment sector. And unfortunately, many do not have a dedicated HR staff. This is where having a strong HR Community can help! And we are so excited to share this conversation with our friend Christie Engler, who helps small businesses with their HR needs.
We thought this would be a great time to see how we can help grow the community to provide more access & information for those supporting small businesses.
We hope you will join us 7/12 at 7 pm ET on Twitter for our chat!
- What’s in your glass?
- How would you define a “small business?” How many employees?
- Have you ever worked for/with a small business?
- How are the #HR needs different in a small business vs. a large company?
- What challenges have you seen or can you picture for #HR in small business?
- Do you think the #HRCommunity is inclusive to those who work in small business? How may we engage them more?
- What resources would you recommend to #HR practitioners working with small business?
- How can those of us in #HRSocialHour help you right now?