On my 40th birthday, I was gifted the book One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. I was inspired by the book to practice eucharist (Greek for thanksgiving) by creating my own gratitude list. From August – December, I concluded that list when I hit 500. There was something about completing that list that was fulfilling and gifting to me. And it was an exercise I’ve tried to start up again, on numerous occasions, but I’ve never gotten as far as I did back in 2012. And after Mary Williams came up with the idea for a gratitude chat, well, maybe I will need to take it up again (and Maggie did get me a gratitude journal for Christmas last year, which I meant to start then, and then again at Lent, and …)
So I hope you will all join us on Sunday November 13th 6 pm CT as we chat about gratitude and perhaps we can all start a new practice!
- Q1 What’s in your glass?
- Q2 What does gratitude mean to you? How do you define it?
- Q3 What are some ways to practice gratitude? How do you practice gratitude?
- Q4 Have you noticed anything new or different since adopting a gratitude practice? What has changed?
- Q5 How does practicing gratitude intersect with how we show appreciation and give recognition in the workplace? In our relationships And how we experience life?
- Q6 We are entering the Thanksgiving season. As you take time to reflect, what (or who) are you grateful for? This is your opportunity to shine the spotlight and highlight!
- Q7 How can we in the #HRSocialHour community support you right now?