As HR pros, we know there’s a lot of stuff for us to stress about. Everything is a priority. Which of course means that nothing is. We end up running from fire to fire, leaving no time to focus on why there’s a fire or fire prevention. The question I think we forget to ask is do we really need to be the fire fighters or would it be okay to let some of the sparks smolder for a bit so we can focus on the real priorities.
This does take a little bit of extra work. You will likely need to dig to get to the root of the issue AND you’ll need to be okay with a few smoldering embers. You also need to just walk away from a few. You want to be sure you are focused on those issues that really matter. So join us at the rest of the #HRSocialHour community as we chat on Sunday 4/23 at 7 pm ET to figure out what we can stop stressing about!
- Q1. What’s in your glass?
- Q2. What is one thing about work keeping you up at night that probably shouldn’t?
- Q3. We all have “extra” steps we have to take at work. What is one task you think you could give up without affecting the rest of your job?
- Q4. When have you been able to make a change that eliminated an unnecessary step?
- Q5. How can you stay ahead of the latest “must dos” & ensure they are meaningful for your organization/industry?
- Q6. What is something you hear about other industries stressing about that you don’t?
- Q7. How can those of us in the #HRSocialHour help you right now?